Enterprise Camp is a sister service to Discover Enterprise. It provides the added benefit of residential trip to fast-track confidence building. Enterprise Camp that specialises in improving access to enterprise/work by developing practical and transferable skills and capabilities. This programme develops the enterprise and employability capacity of the community.
Enterprise Camp adds to the Discover Enterprise programme, which is a series of workshops that are used in a practical way to meet an Enterprise Challenge set by our team.
The programme is split into 3 phases.
– Enterprise Camp Boost
– Skills Sessions & Enterprise Challenge Planning
– Enterprise Challenge Delivery
Enterprise Camp Boost
We will undertake activities that get the participants out of their comfort zone, realise their personal assets and uncover their passion and drive.
– Building confidence
– Improving communication
– Team building
– Introduction to the Enterprise Challenge
The residential component allows our team to work on additional personal and social skills with the group.
Skills Sessions & Enterprise Challenge Planning
The next 7 days of the programme to be devoted to different areas of enterprising skills. Each day will start with an enterprise skills session followed by putting those skills to a practical use. This means learning a skill and to use it in an Enterprise Challenge.
The workshops include:
– Campaign planning
– Project Planning & Market Research
– Budgeting (Income & Expenditure)
– Marketing & Social Media
– Sales & Presentation
The final part of this process is pitching their solution to a Dragon’s Den.
Enterprise Challenge Delivery
The participants will be supported by our team to complete the challenge.
Examples of skills developed
– Tolerance – accommodating for different perspectives or opinions
– Social awareness – general awareness of how to act in various environments
– Presentation of self – an understanding of the relevance of personal appearance
– Confidence – to attempt challenges outside comfort zone
– Belief in self – opportunity to see own worth, feeling valued as part of a group
– Communication – understanding the importance of being able to share ideas clearly
– Aspiration – gained from achieving practically rather than being told they can achieve
– Coping with failure – developing a sense that failure is not the end
– Recognising the each team member brings different skills to the team to make it stronger
– Delegating tasks to appropriate team members
– Using praise to encourage other team members to overcome challenges
– Resilience to failure – working together to adapt and change tactics and approach to real life obstacles
– Creativity in enterprise – using literal and lateral thinking to approach enterprise
– Understanding consumers – assessing the needs of consumers
– Connecting to consumers – making a sell on by connecting with people
– Negotiating – achieving a sale with a customer through personality.
– Adding value to products – dressing products in packaging to add value to customers
– Bulk selling – negotiating wholesale discounts